Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center and Six Horses Tavern wants your positivity and creativity.
The Aurora Inn puts you in the heart of it all. The hotel is just minutes from some of the area's largest shopping areas, including Aurora Farms Premium Outlets, Aurora Commons, and Barrington Town Center as well as Thorncreek Winery, Du-More Equestrian Farm, and Grantwood Public Golf Course, making it perfect for weekend getaways.
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY: The Kitchen Cook is primarily responsible for following specified standard recipes as directed and prepare food to the Executive and Sous Chefs specifications. S/He will contribute to the Hotel's success as a team player and Department Head.
The Kitchen Cook shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with staff and guests with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a teamwork orientation towards co-workers.
- Work safely and effectively with all kitchen equipment and staff.
- Show initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- Show willingness to be trained in all areas of preparation.
- Sustain clear and effective communications.
- Operate with integrity and commitment for continued growth.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest ingredients in the preparation of all menu items.
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Accept responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of the guests and employees.
- Emphasize safety awareness.
- Represent the interest of the Hotel and its employees in a fair, impartial, and equitable manner.
- Reinforce the highest standards of quality, service, and overall integrity of guest experience.
- Work to develop and maintain the highest culinary standards.
- Maintain a focus on defining results.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Provide creative influence in establishing menu recipes and specials.
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Build positive relations with team members and supervisors.
- Additional duties not listed and requested by management.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary coursework from recognized culinary institute
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous fine dining experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of plating procedures./
- Must have the ability to comply with sanitation guidelines
- Experience in working efficiently in a high volume, production-oriented environment./
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees, and third parties that reflect highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Fluency in other languages beneficial