At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS : EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
Experience: No prior experience required. Previous food service experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available). Other: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees maybe required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the
safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be
subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up plates, glassware and utensils, scoop ice, and extend arms overhead to stock items and place on kiosks.
- Knowledge of the English language sufficient for employee to understand inquiries from customers and communicate instructions.
- Ability to comprehend written instructions and labels to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to grasp, bend and lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 70 lbs., at a continuous schedule.
- Ability to work varying shifts to include early morning, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to effectively deal with guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Must be a team player
- Must communicate with co-workers and guests in a positive manner.
- Must greet guests in a professional friendly manner.
Retrieves food items from the kitchen and store room. Visually checks items against written requisition or menu with kitchen staff to ensure accuracy.
Stocks kiosks with hot and cold items as well as utensils etc. Store back-up supplies in appropriate containers in pantry and cooler locations.
Monitor Kiosks for cleanliness and re-freshes as needed.
Communicate with kitchen staff regarding the need for additional items etc.
Maintains cleanliness of kiosk area, pantry, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with Conference Center and health code standards.
Scoops ice from ice bins, transport to kiosk areas and replenishes ice containers for usage.
Break down and clean kiosk areas according to Conference Center standards.
Break down and clean pantry areas according to Conference Center standards.
Maintain proper safety and sanitation standards at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning up unexpected spills, or special requests.
Assist other areas within Conference Services as requested such as meeting room refreshes.
Employment Status: Full Time
Rate of Pay: $11.45/hr.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V