Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible to assist the Chef in kitchen operations. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals, while balancing profitability metrics. With focus on quality and production levels, the Jr Sous Chef will lead the culinary team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Supervises the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the culinary team
- Must be able to professionally communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Enforce workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Two year culinary arts degree preferred
- Minimum of three years related experience
- One year of Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships