Jr Sous Chef
Thompson Toronto Hotel
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA M5V 2V4
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and guest driven with the ability to problem solve and to make timely guest service decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written.
- Flexible and able to work various shifts, ability to work in high pressure situations in a fast-paced high volume environment.
- Directs food preparation and planning, providing the hotel with a wide variety of food items and cooking styles that meet the needs of our 24-hour outlet, The Diner; Room Service; Rooftop; Banquets and VIP functions.
- Checks food for taste, temperature and visual appeal.
- Alongside Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef manages the stewarding operations of the hotel.
- Assists in the development of standard recipes, photos to ensure consistency in food preparation and presentation.
- Ensures compliance with health requirements, as per Ministry of Health.
- Oversees the proper storage, packing, and daily delivery of fresh food products.
- Adheres to purchasing and receiving procedures and standards.
- Conducts equipment inspections and purchases any operating equipment for the department.
- Conducts Kitchen department cleaning audits
- Variable shifts / will work evenings, overnight, and weekends where necessary.
- Completed apprenticeship and culinary program at a hotel school or college.
- Good understanding of classical and modern cuisine, banquet production and fine dining.
- Canadian Certificate of Qualification (Red Seal) or equivalent.
- Certified Food Handler.
Thompson Toronto is an employer of equal opportunity and encourages diversity in the workplace. All applicants that qualify will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
If you require further assistance or accommodation in completing this application or any aspect of the application process, please feel free to contact People Services at 416-640-7778.