A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Position Summary: Partner with Director of Housekeeping to supervise and direct Department staff. Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality standards for Housekeeping Department. Interact with guests to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Trains and coaches housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and housekeeping job tasks and in completion of daily schedules. Conducts new team member training.
- Regularly tours assigned areas of the property to ensure housekeeping standards are met and checks productivity in completion of assignments.
- Coordinates cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, working with front desk and maintenance personnel. Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Develops work schedules and coordinates staff work assignments in conjunction with Housekeeping management.
- Provides input for team member selection and performance reviews.
- Supplements team's efforts by assisting with department services (i.e. laundry and housekeeping) as needed.
- Returns any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department and logs appropriate information such as the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a J1 Visa
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including but not limited to assignment of duties, evaluating service, and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Knowledge of hotel Housekeeping operations.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to lift items weighing up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.