Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.Job Description
The IT Technician will provide application and hardware support to both local and remote users. This position will report to the Director of Information Technology and will be responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of computer applications, hardware and peripherals. Additionally, this position will be responsible for administering user accounts. Must have strong customer service and problem solving skills. Must be able to motivate and be part of a team by fostering collaboration and teamwork.Responsibilities
- Helpdesk work in the support of end users in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment
- Analyze and diagnose problems reported by end-users.
- File permissions, user and computer administration in the company’s Active Directory environment.
- Application support for the PMS, POS, Spa, Golf, Purchasing, Sales & Catering, Payroll, Human Resources and other essential hotel applications, to include analysis and correction of user problems and getting outside vendor support as needed.
- Micros menu updating and maintenance
- Adding and deleting users as required on network servers and applications.
- Assist in installing and configuring computers (desktops, laptops, netbooks, thin clients, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange/Outlook user setup and support
- Microsoft Office user setup and support
- Able to utilize the company IT helpdesk and track resolution of issues.
- Maintaining documentation including SOP and Knowledge Base
- Perform various projects as assigned including TV and telephone systems/equipment
- Knowledge of backup systems and network device equipment (wired and wireless) including installation, troubleshooting and problem solving required
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 10, server 2008/2012 including Terminal Server and VMware virtual servers required
- Knowledge of PC component replacement and hard drive imaging required
- Knowledge of mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.) required
- Previous hospitality experience, knowledge of Apple Macintosh computers, Avaya PBX or Avaya Voice Mail a plus.
- Required to be on call every 4th week.
- Scheduling will include weekends with flexibility of weekdays off, rotating holidays and the occasional night time work required.
- Must live within 45 minutes of the hotel, have your own transportation and have a cell phone.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.