Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Stanford Hotels Corporation is currently looking for an entry-level IT Technician to join their team! The IT Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks, to include receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert Service Desk Manager to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1-2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in CompTIA A+ and Network+ (Preferred, not required)
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including upgrades, provisioning of new equipment, diagnostics.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Server 2012.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including command line troubleshooting commands.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL, understanding of Service Level Agreement, Service Desk terminologies and Inventory (Asset Management).
- Ability to re-image computer from vanilla OS or prebuilt image.
- Micros or other Point Of Sale System experience appreciated, not required.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week.
- Limited local travel
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science.
1-2 years: Information Technology
Licenses & Certifications