What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
As an IT Supervisor, you will supervise the IT Department to ensure the quality and delivery of IT systems for both the hotel and its Guests. These efforts will be fulfilled timely, within budget, and in accordance with IT operating standards. Specifically, the IT Supervisor will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure consistently strong operational support for all internal hotel IT systems and users, minimizing any system outages
- Supervise the IT Department on a daily basis
- Maintain excellent product knowledge and apply it to deliver full system benefits
- Understand, fully, the legal requirements on IT governance and security
- Handle, efficiently and completely, IT issues that arise
- Identify current and future system needs and provide solutions for the identified needs
- Build strong internal working relationships with all hotel Departments
IT Supervisors serving Hilton Worldwide brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous IT supervising experience, preferably in the hotel, leisure, and/or service sector
- Experience of all Microsoft systems
- Experience of hotel applications, such as OnQ and Micros, preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current technical skills and knowledge of technology
- General understanding of IT infrastructure trends and technologies, including networks, databases, business applications, and development methodology
- Ability to plan ahead and develop contingency plans, where necessary
It is advantageous in this position if you demonstrate the following capabilities and advantages:
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- IT proficient
- Willingness to develop team members and self