Internship - Sales department - 6 months - valid per 01/2017
Along with our graduate development programs, we offer an exciting world of hospitality opportunities to current students and new graduates. We embrace the innovation, diversity and enthusiasm that new talent brings to the company. Hilton Prague views emerging and entry-level professionals as vital to our success in developing a pipeline of future business leaders. These internships aim to give talented graduates, who are also passionate about hospitality, a kick start to their career.
INTERNSHIP opportunities include Event Services, Finance/Accounting, Food & Beverage, Front Office, Housekeeping, Human Resources, Revenue Management or Sales & Marketing. Students receive a 45 days training plan and will be assigned a mentor who will support their personal and professional development.
Sales INTERNSHIP requirements
* Authorisation to make decisions within the frameworkof the task area described
* Authorisation to sign within the framework of thetask area
* Carry out sales negotiations within the framework ofagreement with his Team Leader
* Co-responsibility for smooth and rational worksequences in the sales department and cooperation with the other departments inthe hotel, in particular Reservations
* Involvement in the hotel's sales activities plan
* Development, design and calculation of attractiveoffers for individual customers, travel agents and companies
* Planning, organisation of written, telephone andpersonal contacts with customers and Supervision of these contacts
* Ensuring permanent observation of the market andcompetitors; monitoring the sales results
* Organise comprehensive information to existing andpotential customers as regards the product range offered by the hotel, with theaid of the relevant sales resources and sales channels
* Processing customer correspondence
* To complete all projects relating to hotelinternship program with high level of commitment and in time
* Telephone marketing
* Monitoring the offers, options and cancellations forrepeat bookings for groups, conventions, and seminars in close cooperation withthe territorial sales managers and the Group Coordinator
* Carry out mailings invitations by consultation withthe Sales Representative
* Development and updating of the customer index fileand its follow up
* Implement sales promotion actions in-house, locallyand regionally
* In-house promotions and tours of the hotel
* Book events after sending out an offer through therelevant territorial sales managers
* Responsible for laying outs and stocks of allpromotional materials (brochures, flyers, sales pamphlets, banquetingpamphlets, etc.)
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are YOUR learning benefits?
Students receive a variety of unparalleled experiences: access to executive leadership, meaningful projects with tangible outcomes, social and networking events with cross-functional Team Members, and life-long professional relationships.
Students, upon successful completion of the program, may be offered a full-time position with Hilton Worldwide upon graduation, if appropriate, or an opportunity for a second internship or property-level position.
Full-time opportunities following internships are highly competitive and are determined by departmental needs and budget.
If you are interested, please apply online via www.hilton.jobs or via our Facebook link (Hilton Careers).
What does the Program cover?
INTERNSHIP consists of a 6-month training program which is based in one department. It includes:
Kick-off orientation seminar at designated venue in beginning
Training of hotel operations and functional job knowledge
Assigned property mentor
Classes through Hilton Worldwide University and instructor-led webinars
The criteria are:
Fluent in English. A second modern language would be considered a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse team members.
Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
Be able to perform a variety of functions including the completion of practical duties relating to the job role.
An ability to demonstrate an understanding of good customer service and an ability to behave in a courteous and appropriate manner with colleagues and clients.
There is a rigorous selection process that includes education criteria, on line questionnaires, interview. This not only helps to identify the right candidates, but if you are selected, it is the start of your personal development journey with Hilton Worldwide.
Who can I contact for additional questions?
If you still might have any questions, please contact
Alexandra Gaspierik, Cluster L&D Manager
Hilton Prague and Hilton Prague Old Town.