Internship - Reservations - min 6 months
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it's with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As Reservations Intern, you will work with Guests to respond to enquiries and booking requests in a prompt and professional manner. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Acceptance and entry of room reservations by telephone, email and fax
* Cancel / updating of reservations via the OnQ system
* Exact knowledge and correct application of various rates
* Handling tasks through a daily checklist
* Correct management of reservation documents
* Observance of the established standards of service
* Adherence to company credit policies
* Ensure Quality Checks on existing reservations
* Set up/ maintain an efficient filing system
* Taking note of special requests/ wishes of guests and making sure that these are followed for room reservations and restaurant reservations according to standards
* Demonstrates complete working knowledge of the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam Service Delivery Standards.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
A Reservations Administrator with Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Currently attending a Bachelor or Masters degree, preferably in Hotel Management
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Any additional language(s) is (are) beneficial.
- Demonstrates complete working knowledge of the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam Service Delivery Standards.
- Gains and maintains a broad cultural awareness.
- A broad knowledge of the city of Amsterdam, in order to provide a spotless guest experience.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments.
What benefits will I receive?
As an employee you will become a member of the Hilton GO which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.