Internship - Finance (administrative) from February 2017 till July 2017
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it's with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Finance Trainee, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
ONLY APPLICABLE FOR DUTCH STUDENTS at HBO LEVEL
* Record all incoming invoices and travelling costs
* Match the invoices with purchase orders and delivery notes
* Check the amounts invoiced against the purchase orders and accuracy of the tax amount.
* Entering invoices into the accounts and inclusion in payment transactions
* Orderly and complete monthly and annual archiving.
* Draw up the Cash Report.
* Process and reply to guest correspondence.
* Remainders and letters have to be sent to overdue accounts
* To collect outstanding amounts is a high priority to ensure a positive cash flow for the hotel
* Assist in all other Accounting - related tasks
* Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Finance Manager and/or General Manager
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
As a Finance Trainee serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
Previous experience in a high volume control function within a hotel environment
Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
Strong organisational skills
Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Student at MBO 4th year or HBO hotelschool or similar education
- Speak and write Dutch & English fluently
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Excel
Excellence in accuracy and attention to detail
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!