Hershey Entertainment and Resorts (HE&R) is currently seeking an intern for Spring 2017. The Corporate Internal Audit internship at HE&R will provide hands on experience in the auditing profession. Interns are engaged in providing our employees and guests with exceptional customer service and successfully executing internal audit testing of operational, financial and compliance areas throughout the Company. Ideal candidates are either a Junior or Senior working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field of study. This role will report directly to the Manager of Internal Audit and is located within the corporate offices of HE&R, the Hershey Press Building, located in Hershey, PA.
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting audit testing procedures and preparing work papers which document work performed and conclusions,
- Assisting in the identification of risks and related controls,
- Analyzing large volumes of data using common tools such as MicroSoft Excel or MicroSoft Access,
- Functioning as a team player and working collaboratively with both internal and external customers, as necessary, and
- Meeting communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Currently enrolled in a full time accredited secondary education system pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields of study:
- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field of study
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Commitment to accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- The following skills/experience are a plus:
- Knowledge of auditing standards, analytical techniques and internal controls.
- Experience working with ACL, IDEA or other data analysis software.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position will fall within normal business hours of the Hershey Press Building between 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday - Friday. However, occasional weekend and evening hours may be required on short notice. The internship will start in January 2017 and end in May 2017.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer