Intern, Human Resources
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Mar 8, 2018
Position DescriptionHuman Resources enables business growth by providing strategic leadership to create an environment that enables our talent to succeed. We develop and drive processes that attract, develop and engage our talent to produce the best work of their careers.
Join our team as an HR Intern for Summer 2018! This opportunity supports the Corporate HR team and will be focused in the areas of compensation, talent management, diversity & inclusion, talent acquisition, and onboarding to support our strategic plan initiatives.
- Partner with business leaders, HR Business Partners, and Compensation on writing, revising, and updating job descriptions to accurately reflect job responsibilities and requirements to support the Global Grading Project.
- Contribute to transforming performance management processes and practices to drive employee effectiveness.
- Develop new manager resources to support the onboarding of new leaders into the organization.
- Through assessment and benchmarking, define the process for the business to efficiently and effectively onboard and utilize independent contractor resources.
- Contribute to the organization’s Diversity & Inclusion strategy
- Support a project to develop career pathing for Corporate and Managed Hotels positions
- Additional project work as assigned
- Undergraduate or Master’s level students
- Pursuing a degree in Human Resources
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Interested in pursuing a career in Human Resources
- Strong ability to collaborate with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- Savvy with iPhones, iPads, and a general technical aptitude with devices and software.
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Human Resources / Training