Intern, Hotel Operations
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Apr 1, 2018
Position DescriptionThe Radisson Hotel Group 2018 Managed Hotels Internship Program will offer current students a unique opportunity to gain real world experience at our Corporate Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN. The intent of this program is to develop the business leaders of tomorrow. Interns will work directly with senior leaders as well as participate in practical learning opportunities.
Under the general supervision of the Vice President, Operations, Managed Hotels, Americas, the Intern will be responsible for supporting the Managed Hotels Operations team on department-related responsibilities.
- Gather all hotel operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to all Radisson Hotel Group brands.
- Review format and content
- Present corporate leadership with a standardized template for SOPs in the future
- Gather all the brand standards from RHG
- Gather all AAA & Forbes requirements
- Compare the documents to find standards deficiencies based on projected hotel levels and ratings.
- Work with assigned members of hotel operations teams (SMEs) in the field to draft standardized SOPs by brand consisting of step-by-step information on how to execute the task
- Produce final documents for corporate leadership team to review
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a full-time college student with a Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Business, or related degree. Individuals can be a rising sophomore, junior or senior.
- Applicants must possess a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Ability to be on-site and work at assigned location.
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment with excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Ability to do project management and multiple language skills is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and maximize efficiency in the workplace.
- Experience with public speaking is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word is preferred.
- Applicants must have the ability to fluently speak, read, and write in English.
- Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without employment sponsorship.
Visa Requirements: All candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.