Location: US - FL - Jacksonville
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Interior Designer is to understand, organize and execute the conceptual design of a project for all design phases through project closeout. Please also refer to the Interior Design Project Manager Job Description which outlines Construction Administration duties and responsibilities required once a project reaches the stages of project closeout.
- No direct reports
- Contractors / Sub Contractors
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
Areas of responsibility and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Active member of in-house design/creative team
- Assists in the design direction for each project (new construction, renovations, cap ex, etc.).
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, interior finishes and artwork.
- Prepare design presentations
- Coordinating with internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with team members to keep multiple projects on schedule and in budget.
- Responsible for coordination and quality control of design and construction documents.
- Monitor budget and implementation plan for design, construction and procurement.
- Manage and monitor vendor and consultant progress throughout entire design and construction process.
- Reviews all interior design plans, FF&E specs, submittals and shop drawings prepared by vendor, consultants and in-house design team to ensure compliance with the design concept and documents.
- Monitor and manage the vendors work product to keep it within the estimated budget established for each project.
- Perform all Construction Administration duties through project closeout as described in the Interior Design Project Manager Job Description.
- Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Multiple and frequent site visits to review quality of work and assure conformance to design intent
- Review and respond to RFI submittals
- Review and approve shop drawings and sample submittals
- Coordinate drapery installation, artwork locations, install of FF&E, etc. as needed and in conjunction with Procurement department
- Interior Designers may be required to work on-site for a period of time to be determined in order to complete project closeout.
- Tasks include, but not limited to:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Photoshop
- Revit experience - preferred
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- FF&E Specification Writing
- Ability to hand sketch/draw and produce constructible documents for fabrication/construction
- Possess a high level of visual and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets
- Ability to multi-task, and handle changing priorities
- Detail oriented along with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling a wide variety of activities and multiple priorities
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Interior Design, Architecture or related field - required
- ASID / NCIDQ certified - preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of successful and relevant interior design experience - required
- Minimum of 2 years of Interior Design experience in Hospitality industry - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
- Furniture and fixture design experience - preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend and crouch on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 30lbs on a weekly basis.
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
Please note, position is located in Orlando, Florida.