Inspector-FT (PM shift)
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Location: US - NM - Albuquerque
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares report with the status of all guest rooms to include guest requests, out of order rooms, show rooms and rooms to be cleaned each day.
- Inspects guest rooms for cleanliness, appropriate guest amenities, and the working conditions of all guest rooms.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the establishment. Ensures hotel is cleaned to standards of a 4 diamond property.
- Reports all vacant rooms to front desk for resale. Checks all guest room attendant reports.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, etc.
- Assists in the inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Issues proper keys to authorized personnel. Maintains key control.
- Assists in the maintenance of the lost and found program.
- Completes reports for the front desk each day.
- Assist department manager in maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies and equipment. Assist in ordering as needed.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
- Staff Management
- Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior to reporting to stations.
- Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
- Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information.
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and assist the department manager in providing feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Supervise the staff and handle associate situations.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Assist department manager in maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department. Ensure Service Excellence Standards are in place.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these procedures.
- Assist the department manager with implementing the proper training program.
- Assist with new hire training.
- Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for associates.
- Attends department meetings and as needed, attends interdepartmental meetings.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Route associate commendations received from guests to the person responsible for assembling the daily packet.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Prepare payroll as needed.
- Assists guest rooms attendants as needed.
- Assists with inventory as needed.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Frequently. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Frequently.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
PUSHING/PULLING: Occasionally. Pushing carts down hallways.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 30 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to speak to others in person and on the telephone.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to listen to others in person and on the telephone.
VISION: Constantly required to see up close and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to see distances.
Safety Requirements: slip resistant shoes.
Exposure to chemicals, noise, vibrations: Exposure to basic cleaning supplies; moderate to moderately high noise conditions of a laundry.
Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Equipment to include computers and printers, 10 key calculator, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
Work is mostly indoors, protected from weather, but not necessarily inside temperature changes. Some work is outdoors and/or at off-site facilities.
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele.email@example.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.”
RequiredDetail Oriented Expert Customer Service Expert Behaviors
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
1 year: Supervisory
Licenses & Certifications