The Tennessean Hotel
Location: US - TN - Knoxville
- Responsible for the inspection, organization, guidance, and communication within the Housekeeping department of THE TENNESSEAN
- Responsible for the cleanliness, service, and maintenance in regards to the housekeeping of THE TENNESSEAN.
- Responsible for working with the Director of Housekeeping in regards to disciplinary action, coaching/counseling sessions, and team member performance reports
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the use of correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, in accordance with OSHA regulations, hotel requirements, and product recommendations. Ensure all team members are properly trained in regards to OSHA and Safety regulations, laws, and requirements.
- Ensure all biohazardous material is being properly handled and labeled
- Assign keys and communication devices. Maintain an organized log of all assigned materials. Ensure security of all assigned keys and communication devices
- Train and monitor the performance of all Housekeeping team members. Ensure all team members are properly trained before allowing them to work on their own.
- Retrain team members as necessary
- Assist Director of Housekeeping with scheduling as requested/needed
- Must be knowledgeable in every aspect of the requirements of Inspector’s job and the other positions in the Housekeeping department
- Handle disciplinary action, coaching, and counseling with the Director of Housekeeping. Always exercise good judgement, following Human Resources guidelines.
- Maintain a positive work environment within the Housekeeping department with an emphasis on teamwork and respect
- Monitor Inventory of cleaning supplies, terry, and linen. Report low stocks to Director of Housekeeping immediately.
- Inspect all guest rooms, hallways, elevators, public areas/lobby, Drawing Room, Boardroom, closets, and offices. Ensure all areas are cleaned in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
- Ensure all guest rooms are cleaned, maintained, and serviced in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
- Ensure all linen and terry are in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
- Ensure all areas of THE TENNESSEAN are dust-free
- Ensure all areas of THE TENNESSEAN are vacuumed and/or mopped
- Ensure all signage, furniture, light fixtures, and doors/door tracks are clean and polished
- Ensure spots, smears, grease, and smudges are properly removed from house phones, windows, ledges, frames, and glass
- Report any and all damages or maintenance issues immediately to Engineering
- Ensure all furniture is set according to approved floorplan
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with all other team members, including Management and Ownership. Emails must be checked and responded to on a daily basis.
- Report any and all suspicious activity or items to the Director of Housekeeping or Hotel Manager immediately
- Ensure the performance of all team members of the Housekeeping department. Prepare work performance reports on a regular basis with the Director of Housekeeping
- Resourcefully, creatively, efficiently, and politely handle any and all guest complaints
- Ensure all guest complaints are reported to the appropriate Managers and/or Supervisors in order to avoid missed guest opportunities.
- Ensure all lost and found items are handled appropriately in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by their Supervisors and/or Management.
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, team members, and Management.
- At least 3 years of housekeeping experience required
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience required
- High School degree required
- Hotel experience required
- Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Fluent in a foreign language preferred.
- Must be able to physically perform all tasks assigned.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to understand, follow, and give instructions.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and irregular shifts
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to follow-through and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to physically perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to maintain and uphold all company and hotel standards.
- Ability to communicate, organize, instruct, guide, and coach team members with good judgement
- Ability to professionally represent “THE TENNESSEAN” while presenting a warm, professional, and refined demeanor with guests and fellow team members.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of all hotel features, information, and events.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentially of all guest information and internal hotel practices.