Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Room Service Supervisor will be responsible for aiding the Outlet Manager in overseeing the operation and staff of the IRD department, in order to maintain the highest level of standards for the Room Service operation. The Room Service Supervisor will ensure proper training and supervision of all room service personnel to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.Responsibilities
- Oversee all Room Service, VIP and Select Guest deliveries to ensure that they are consistently carried out in accordance with company expectations and standards, in order to oversee this area the supervisor must be observing and checking off on all select guest trays prior to delivery to guest room as well as approving all amenities prior to room delivery.
- Provide detailed menu information to guests, ensuring proper phone etiquette and written scenarios are adhered to.
- Monitor all tray and table set ups, being sure all products are well presented to the guest. Linen, china and silver must be spotless. Food must be properly garnished and fresh looking. Warm food must be kept warm, cold beverages must be served adequately chilled.
- Ensure that all Room Service deliveries are made within the timeframe quoted to guest, and that delivery experience meets Omni service requirements.
- Determine action to be taken if orders are behind time in delivery, whether to begin helping in the set up of trays, calling for another outlet for additional help, or advising AM/PM manager of problems delaying service.
- Complete tray and table retrievals on a regular basis throughout the day, completing the retrieval is done efficiently and within a reasonable amount of time after delivery or upon guest request. Ensure that a list of trays not retrieved is properly communicated to the next shift for completion.
- Carefully plan weekly departmental coverage, being vigilant to reduce overtime and keeping holidays, leaves of absence and vacations in mind when granting time off for any associate.
- Ensure that all IRD associates complete assigned prep work at beginning of shift, as well as side work at end of shift.
- Conduct on going trainings to increase beverage and food knowledge for the team
- Ensure all select guest tips and amenity tip reporting is recorded and emailed to paymaster daily for those who have delivered.
- Maintain an adequate supply of both equipment and food items to ensure speed and quality of service.
- Complete accurate daily inventories with accompanying requisition orders to keep all pars stable and ensure Room Service personnel equipped to deliver orders promptly and properly.
- Maintain inventories at established par levels, being sure that unnecessary food waste is not permitted, checking all food order pick-ups against requisitions
- Maintain liquor pars and inventories, when applicable.
- Keep manager informed of any guest or departmental issue to ensure that concerns are adequately and appropriately addressed.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ restaurant/Food and Beverage experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly and accurately in English.
- Must maintain a current TIPS certification.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.