Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Room Service Server takes food orders, prepares room service trays, delivers trays and obtains payment and pick-up trays in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks in compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge policies and procedures. Delivers VIP amenities and other assigned duties. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set-up trays and deliver room service orders in accordance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations.
- Set-up and deliver VIP amenities.
- Process guest checks in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions and room charge policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
- Respond promptly to guest needs and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales.
- Retrieve room service trays in accordance with policies and procedures and brand standards
- Complete all assigned sidework.
- If assigned, answer rooms service calls. Follow the hotel’s sell/upsell strategies, communicate daily specials, answer questions and take room service orders. Inform guests of estimated time of arrival for orders.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.