Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
* Performs all tasks related to food and beverage service in a courteous and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area in accordance with company standards and procedures.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to the IN ROOM DINING & RESTAURANT Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Becomes familiar with all menu items and general hotel information.
* Takes food and beverage orders from guests and ensures correct and prompt delivery of orders.
* Observes guests to respond if additional service is required.
* Uses the automated point of service (POS) system to process orders.
* Clears, cleans, resets and maintains station during shift.
* Follows all proper cash, credit card and room charge procedures.
* Follows all proper check control procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Requires mobility and prolonged standing. Bending and reaching to a height of eight feet high. Transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to forty pounds. Pushing and pulling chairs weighing up to ten pounds. Working at a height of four feet. Normal sense of smell, touch, and sound. Normal vision range. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, or colors.
* Work may be performed in small area having a three-foot access. Use of chemicals and electrical equipment. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Knowledge of the basic functions of food & beverage operations.
* Working knowledge of acceptable standards of sanitation and proper chemical usage.
* Ability to perform basic math skills.
* Ability to handle money and make correct change.
* Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
* Ability to read, write, and understand English.
* Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.