In Room Dining Server
Located in the heart of San Diego, Town and Country offers a little something for everyone. Town and Country is just minutes from the vibrant nightlife of Downtown San Diego, the oasis of beautiful Mission Valley, and the thrill of San Diego's beaches and attractions. The resort is renowned for its legendary service and country feel. Our Mission Valley San Diego hotel is a family-owned resort with a heritage of hospitality spanning more than five decades, the Town and Country Resort Hotel enjoys an award-winning reputation for putting smiles on the faces of vacation guests and conference attendees alike.
Job OverviewAs an integral member of the Food & Beverage team, an In-Room Dining Server requires getting everything right the first time, every time; attention to detail, suggestive selling, a friendly phone presence, and impeccable timing.Essential Functions
- Provide welcoming phone greeting and follow guest ordering procedures
- Convey menu information over the phone to guests and give accurate estimate of delivery time
- Make food and beverage recommendations and apply suggestive selling techniques
- Follow procedures for announcing self at the room, entering the guest room, presenting the order and the check
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, our guests can be early risers or night owls and you must be too!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and assisting them with cash transactions.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.