In-Room Dining Server
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
With creativity, personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences in the In Room Dining service operations through consistent application of Shangri-La’s core practices.
- Monitor and ensure smooth operations of appointed section, check for quality and presentation to designated F&B standards for all items prior to delivering/serving.
- Greet guests, attend to food, beverage and other service needs as appropriate and ensure accurate reporting of charges to guest folios.
- Remove soiled dishes, linen, silverware and restore/replenish settings.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of guest/room amenities, keeping in mind personal preferences and/or dietary restriction or allergens.
- Resolve food quality and service complaints at earliest and first point of customer contact, ultimately providing outstanding customer service.
- Maintain current knowledge of wines, other beverages, local restaurants, food trends and industry practices
- As situations arise, liaise with team members to address any issues or changes to IRD orders.
- Apply the necessary precautions with regards to food safety and hygiene standards
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Functional knowledge – Passion for food and strives to exceed expectations for service excellence with demonstrated understanding of international fine dining, wine, beverage and service standards commensurate of the leading hotels in the world.
- Customer Service Excellence – Exceptional service style, genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Internal Service – appreciation that ‘internal customers’ (i.e. Cooks) are considered strategic partners.
- Communication – Excellent communication and social skills, 100% fluency in English with impeccable standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Safety Focus – Demonstrates safe work practices and looks for ways to minimize workplace injuries
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Operates and maintains all departmental equipment, fully competent with POS.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Previous fine dining or luxury level service knowledge and training.
- Minimum 2 year previous work experience in a world-class luxury brand in a similar capacity.
- Current Smart Serve certification.
- Required to work nights, overnight, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.