Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
The Room Service Ordertaker will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Restaurant & Bar Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we ensure a quality dining experience.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Maintains Room Service tracking and control records and files
* Stays informed of status of menu item availability
* Assists guests with selection of food, beverage, wine, dessert and specialty items,
* Makes knowledgeable recommendations regarding selection of food, beverages, wines desserts and after dinner beverages to ensure guest satisfaction, while attempting to produce maximum revenue form sale
* Takes and processes room service orders in a timely manner according to Loews standards
* Completes Room Service paperwork to ensure proper billing of all charges to appropriate guest account
* Responds to complaints regarding room service orders in appropriate manner according to Loews standards
* Posts Amenity charges to guest accounts
* Distribute amenities to server by confirming guest room number of guest
* Dispatch bussers/ server to handle guest requests
* Call back guest to confirm guest satisfaction with food quality and service
* Other duties as assigned
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Knowledge of food and beverage terminology, ability to learn upselling and order taking procedures
* Exceptional guest service and telephone skills
* Computer skills, ability to operate basic office equipment
* Effective organizational and communications skills
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.