At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, service, and maintenance in regards to the housekeeping of all guest rooms at THE TENNESSEAN.
- Reports to: Inspectors/Supervisors
- Key Relationships: Laundry Attendants, House persons, Lobby Attendants, Director of Housekeeping, Engineering, Central Services, Guest Services
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, team members, and Management.
- At least 1 year of housekeeping experience preferred.
- High School degree preferred.
- Hospitality or hotel experience preferred.
- Fluent in a foreign language preferred.
- Must be able to physically perform all tasks assigned.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and occasionally irregular shifts
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to follow-through and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to physically perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to maintain and uphold all company and hotel standards.
- Ability to professionally represent “THE TENNESSEAN” while presenting a warm, professional, and refined demeanor with guests and fellow team members.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of all hotel features, information, and events.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentially of all guest information and internal hotel practices.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, in accordance with OSHA regulations, hotel requirements, and product recommendations
- Ensure security of all assigned keys and communication devices
- Ensure proper supplies, amenities, and linens are stocked
- Service assigned rooms in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
- Remove all soiled terry and replace with clean, inspected terry
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, sink, countertops, toilet, shower walls, floor, and glass
- Replace facial, toilet tissue, and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
- Inspect the condition of bathrobes and replace soiled or damaged ones
- Remove soiled bed linen (Ensure rooms are properly stripped). Make bed with clean, inspected linen in accordance with the standards of THE TENNESSEAN
- Replace laundry bags and slips
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow, and amenities
- Dust and polish all furniture
- Realign furniture per approved floor plan
- Open all drawers in checkout rooms and remove items left by a guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs, and sofa for debris and remove if present
- Inspect the condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to Inspector or Manager
- Remove all dust, debris, and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions
- Dust pictures, frames, and mirrors
- Remove dust debris on television, clock radio, and remote control
- Check time on clock and TV; correct if necessary. Ensure alarm on clock is turned off
- Clean all lamps and light switches: check for proper working order
- Remove dust, spots, and smears from windows, ledges, and frames
- Remove dust, grease, and smears from telephones and reposition properly
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry
- Replace glassware as needed
- Remove dust, smudges, and spills from refrigerator
- Remove dust on drapes and realign to correct positions
- Inspect the condition of amenities in/on desk, drawers, and guest service directory; replace back to proper locations in guest rooms
- Remove dust, dirt, marks, and fingerprints from entrance door(s)
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate card, and DND sign. Inspect, condition, and replace, as needed
- Remove dust, dirt, and smudges from A/C unit, vents, grids and thermostat. Set thermostat
- Remove dust, stains, and marks from all baseboards, ledges, and corners
- Vacuum carpet in guest rooms
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment board
- Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean
- Report all guest complaints to Inspectors/Supervisors
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to Inspectors and Engineering
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to Inspectors or Managers
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by their Supervisors and/or Management.
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer