IBT Sales Manager
The Tennessean Hotel
Location: US - TN - Knoxville
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Sales Manager is responsible for generating new negotiated corporate travel accounts, exceeding established revenue goals and increasing production of existing special corporate/preferred corporate accounts. Also, implement and execute the IHC programs for special corporate/preferred corporate transient sales.
- Make personal visits to target areas and call on Companies and associations located in a specific market or area.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests for pricing.
- Prospect for new transient business. Track all corporate travel leads (new, lost and turndown). Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral. Complete Transient Sales Qualification Sheets on all accounts, as instructed by DOSM.
- Dedicate majority of time to direct telephone sales and client entertainment with Corporate Travel Managers, Travel Agents and other intermediaries.
- Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual review meetings with account representatives.
- Develop and implement account marketing plans for appropriate accounts. Monitor production compliance.
- Rework and maintain existing account files and solicit new accounts.
- Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts and send quarterly production reports to all clients. Communication to be properly defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, volume rewards, etc.
- Assist in updating Brand national Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local account sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
- Set and negotiate, with direction from DOSM, all rates for special corporate/preferred corporate accounts locally and brand (if applicable) volume negotiated accounts. Complete all portions of Brand RFP (request for proposal) process and local account RFP process.
- Understand Business Transient Sales strategies, strengths and weaknesses and transient promotional programs of competitor transient hotels.
- Monitor departmental implementation with all departments.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Set-up site inspections, create a unique visit for clients, communicate details to team members and follow through.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in association to maintain high visibility and achieve sales and revenue goals.
- Perform general office duties and assist other personnel, as required.
- Develop new accounts by being inquisitive of guests/clients for potential "spin off".
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Meet with DOSM routinely for account review, creative brainstorming and status updates.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Practice safety standards and report unsafe conditions to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Nights and weekends as needed.
Candidates must be willing to submit to background check upon offer of position. EOE/AAP M/F/D/V
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum (2) two years of college, degree desirable.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Prefer experience in hotel sales or related industry.
Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.