A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Are you anxious to join a luxury hotel group with a very simple philosophy? Do you want to work for the premier luxury hotel in Miami? Then consider working for Mandarin Oriental, Miami!
Our property in Miami is one of twenty-nine luxury hotels located worldwide in areas such as Asia, North America and Europe. Mandarin Oriental Hotel group is a unique collection of hotels which redefine luxury by delighting our guests with unparalleled experiences. Our guests enjoy a true sense of place in each location while receiving superlative service in keeping with our oriental heritage.
We are looking for a Mechanic for our Engineering Department, preferably with 3+ years experience in a hotel setting. HVAC certification and electrical certification is necessary. Flexible schedule required, with possibility to do overnight calls. The Mechanic is responsible for, but not limited to, the overall operation and maintenance of equipment designated under the Management of Mandarin Oriental Miami, including the day to day hotel operational and maintenance requirements.This is a full-time position only.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Support Company’s philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission statement.
- Support Company’s philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission. b
- Statement Support Company’s philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Executes the hotel's HVAC preventative maintenance program
- The Mechanic is responsible for, but not limited to, the overall upkeep of all equipment and their repairs.
- Responsible of maintaining the standards of product quality for their respective areas of the hotel
- Responsible to keep the Preventive Maintenance Logs up to date to their respective areas
- Responsible to keep a supply inventory for their respective areas
- All Mechanics are to assist the Director, Assistant Director and Supervisors during an Emergency Event
- Ensure the proper operation of all Mechanical Equipments, Parts, and Mechanical Rooms for their respective areas of the Hotel.
- Ensures the Safety Use of all Mechanical Equipments, Parts and Mechanical Rooms for their respective areas of the Hotel.
- Assist all trades as required