Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Engineering Class 1 performs interior and external preventative maintenance along with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC repairs in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Responds to engineering service calls. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform interior and exterior preventive maintenance and repairs such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC. Respond promptly to elevator breakdowns. Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
- Prompt reporting to engineering management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma and training in building maintenance. Two or more years of experience in building maintenance or related experience. Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper preventive maintenance and repair policies, procedures and brand standards. Ability to properly use engineering tools and supplies. Ability to timely complete assignments, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job and it is performed inside and outside with equipment, machines and/or operating a motor vehicle. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks that requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The physical requirements include extended walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 pounds. While performing job duties, the associate is required to listen, speak and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.