At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
By joining the Doral Arrowwood Team, you become part of Benchmark Hotels & Resorts. We have a mosaic of talent that drives our passion is to be the difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for duties related to, but not limited to, recruiting, employee relations, training, benefits, worker’s compensation, safety and salary administration. Manager is responsible for supervising the office in the absence of the Director of Human Resources.
- Must be available and willing to answer employee questions and assist in employee issues at all times.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources in other duties, including but not limited to: leadership development, disciplinary actions, terminations, counseling employees and providing guidance and support to supervisors, coworkers and employees.
- Coordinate property training - compliance and guest service experience.
- Manage employee recognition programs, both property and Benchmark.
- Coordinate employee group insurance program, including enrollment eligibility, claims inquiries, dependent additions and/or deletions, monthly billing.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate employee relations events including property specific and Benchmark (Be the Difference, Best of the Best, Chairman’s Award).
- Facilitate and manage property on-boarding experience for new employees and managers. Assist managers and provide guidance on application and compliance of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Notify employees of eligibility for insurance plan and conduct benefits orientation.
- Accurately administer workers’ compensation reporting, investigations, and follow up.
- Ensure proper safety training through monitoring hotel and departmental safety and training checklists.
- Complete annual OSHA Log and posting requirements.
- Oversee employee file maintenance and record keeping and maintain employee information in HRIS.
- Correct any discrepancies found when doing a monthly audit. Data entry daily into Workday (HRIS) new hires, terminations, changes to status or pay rates, disabilities and accommodations requested, and other information as required.
- Compile monthly turnover report.
- Manage and administer Service Awards program including coordination of quarterly recognition functions.
- Coordinate annual performance review management process with Director of Human Resources.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and fellow employees at all times.
- Maintain a position of high visibility within the property.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree, human resources management preferred.
- Minimum of three years in Human Resource experience required.
- Strong computer skills, MS Office Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with an HRIS platform.
- Customer centric, both internal and external.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong employee relation skills.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.