Human Resources Manager
From the moment you arrive at our luxury resort in Tucson, you are greeted with a magnificent view of the Catalina Mountains and indigenous saguaro cactus in every direction. With the distinct Sonoran desert smell filling the air around you, you get a sense that Loews Ventana Canyon is a luxury hotel unlike any other. Here, you’ll find amenities and services that make you feel like you’ve just checked into paradise. During your stay, we encourage you to enjoy the sunshine, the miles of hiking trails, the 80-foot waterfall, and all of our other relaxing, indulgent offerings.
Our breathtaking spa resort in Tucson has something for everyone. From kids' activities to spa treatments and championship golf, your family will never run out of things to do. Loews Ventana Canyon offers close proximity to the University of Arizona and to many other activities, making it ideal for convenient Tucson travel. Kick back, relax, enjoy your travel experience, and let Loews take care of the rest.
Loews Ventana Canyon is seeking a Human Resources Manager that will assists Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in becoming the hospitality employer of choice in the Tucson area by helping to provide a consistently fair, productive, and participative work environment where team members are treated with respect and courtesy and are acknowledged and rewarded for the outstanding hospitality products and services they consistently provide. Responsible for primary Human Resources department interaction with all hotel property-level team members. Below are some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Assists Director of Human Resources with day-to-day Human Resource department interaction with hotel-level team members, resolving complaints and conducting investigations into any potential or reported unfair labor practices (including sexual harassment)
- Ensures that all necessary Human Resources paperwork and documentation is forwarded to all appropriate hotel departments in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence to all Loews policies and procedures by all property-level team members
- Oversees Workers Compensation, Benefits and assists with the Employment Process
- Ensures that all compensation issues are handled in a timely manner, including 90-day and annual wage increases
- Answer team member benefit questions
- Participate on Good Neighbor Council and perform community service on the behalf of hotel
- Provide career counseling to hourly team members
- Responsible for training of all direct reports. Oversee training of indirect reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow team members
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Bachelor degree in related field or comparable experience
- Minimum three to five years experience in Human Resources
- Strong management background
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Bi-Lingual in a Language spoken within Hospitality preferred
- Experience with Worker's Compensation Management
- Positive and Vibrant personality
- Previous experience in luxury Hotels or Resorts
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V