A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Human Resources Generalist. Reg. Full Time Position.
Position Summary: Carries out the daily activities of the Team Member Services office including recruiting, on boarding, team member's compensation management, and wage/benefit administration, worker's compensation, recognition and engagement initiatives and events, as well as exit and separation process. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and property operating procedures.
- Participates in the hiring process by sourcing and interviewing potential team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Ensures candidates have the legal right to work in the US (I-9) and ensures all records are maintained and reported in compliance with all federal, state and local, and corporate requirements.
- Responsible for administration of property's benefit plans. Audits and confirms accuracy of billings. Conducts quarterly hours audit analysis to determine benefit eligibility of team members and appropriate classification according to hours worked.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance to managers and team members on human resource policy/issues, including recruitment, team member relations, corrective counseling, policy interpretation, legal compliance, health and welfare benefits, team member's compensation and disability. Ensures property's compliance with all federal, state, local and corporate employment and reporting requirements, i.e. I-9, EEOC, OSHA and team member files.
- Ensures team members receive appropriate new hire orientation training to successfully perform their job. Facilitates and/or oversees training of Company programs and team member trainings.
- Maintains effective team member communication channels throughout the property.
- Guides managers through beginning stages of discipline and reviews documentation for accuracy and consistency and applicability of supportive documentation to eliminate potential liability and enhance processes.
- Assists with handling of team member relations matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, team members' compensation and comparable state and local laws, and general human and civil rights.
- Assists with processing/administration of Worker Compensation claims to ensure appropriate team member care and manage costs. Helps to ensure all safety and security policies are communicated to team members on a regular basis through orientation, meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing,reviewing, and auditing team member files and ensures compliance with the Privacy Act. Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Assists with information, processing/administration and record keeping of FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA, and personal leaves in accordance with eligibility protocols and federal, state and local ordinances.
- Maintains, monitors and audits other personnel records required according to position specifications such as food handler's cards/Servsafe certifications, cosmetology/massage/nail technician licenses, DMV consent forms, etc.
- Participates in, supports and helps implement engagement and recognition events/activities to promote high morale, positive interactions and Team Member appreciation.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- May assist with/provide payroll support and serve as backup for payroll at the property.
- Responds to disability and unemployment claims. May represent property at unemployment hearings or other legal proceedings.
- Monitors and maintains the Team Member systems, files and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
- Maintains the property's confidential employment and insurance files. Performs general office tasks such as filing, distributing mail, responding to email, photocopying, sending/receiving faxes. Purge files annually per record retention schedule and stores for safekeeping.
- Orders, creates and issues Team Member name tags, parking cards and other supplies needed as part of onboarding process; collects same and all issued property at time of separation.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree or certificate in Human Resources Management desired. PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Normally requires one year of responsible Human Resources experience with hands on experience handling Worker's Compensation, recruiting and benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, Worker's Compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes: Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, ERISA, and NLRA. Working knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefits administration.
- Must have excellent employee relations skills to work with team members.
- Able to use mathematics to solve complex problems.
- Requires ability to use computers to record, store and analyze information. Requires computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office and various HRIS applications. ADP experience desired.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult team member challenges, during demanding activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, communicate with team members. Billingual Spanish preferred.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Must complete all required training as scheduled.
International Bay Clubs/Balboa Bay Resort and Club is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.