Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Human Resources Director
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
B.F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is currently looking for a dedicated professional to join the team at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills as Directro of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the human resource function for the property. Provides a wide variety of HR generalist services.
- Compensation/Benefits: Maintains relationship with area hotels and conducts regular wage surveys to ensure competitive wages. Works with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group's HR/Payroll department to ensure timely processing of team member increases. Monitors and administers compensation/benefits for both hourly and salaried team members.
- Recruitment/Retention: Manages the recruitment and retention process for the property for both hourly and salaried team members. Ensures fair hiring practices including consistent completion of all new-hire paperwork. Implements and maintains recognition programs that reward and motivate team members, and plays key role in administering and following up with Team Member Satisfaction Survey.
- Team Member Relations: Provides leadership support in maintaining union free status. Responsible for ensuring fair and consistent application of federal, state and local laws. Plays a key role in ensuring effective team member relations, and serves as a resource for performance management with hourly and salaried team members.
- Cost Control: Manages expenses to exceed company/hotel profitability. Assists department managers in effectively managing labor costs through efficient use of Kronos and UltiPro. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists in identifying cost strategies between departments/hotels to capitalize on efficiencies.
- Training: Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Assists in the administration and delivery of all training and development programs. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies.
- Safety/Risk Management: Manages the workers' compensation program and assists in providing a clean and safe work environment.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear communication. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Three+ years of Human Resource experience required. Strong preference for experience in a hospitality or service industry. Must have strong organizational & communication skills, and a professional presence. Must have a solid business focus in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled