A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Assists the Manager of Team Member Services in the daily administration of all human resources functions. Responsibilities include processing hotel's payroll, assisting team members with all employer provided benefits such as health, dental, life, and disability insurance, COBRA, and 401(k). Assists with other functions such as preparation of the affirmative action plan, recruitment, human resources file maintenance, training, government reporting, HRIS, safety programs, team member events, recognition programs and other human resources related projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Processes the payroll for the entire hotel/property. Related duties include daily computer input, time punches, entering vacation and leave information, tracking accruals, and reconciliation. Processes and inputs all employment transactions such as hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and change of pay or status into HRIS. Assists with generating employment reports for government compliance and/or from ad hoc requests. Communicates as needed to ensure accuracy. Completes a Termination Checklist for terminated team members.
- Assists with administration of the hotel's health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Reconciles benefits statements. Assembles benefit packages and delivers with instructions to all new hires or at time of annual/open enrollment. Processes COBRA paperwork as needed.
- Assists with all aspects of the recruitment and selection process by utilizing internal and external sources/programs to attract and retain qualified candidates. Screens and/or interviews candidates as directed. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process. Coordinates the drug, criminal and credit check process. Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding activities. Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current records. Verifies employment history and checks references. Supports department career fairs, training activities and other programs.
- Maintains the Hotel's confidential employment and insurance files. Performs general office tasks such as filing, distributing mail, responding to email, photocopying, sending/receiving faxes. Purges files annually per record retention schedule and stores for safekeeping.
- Serves as the point of contact for Team Member issues and advises Team Member Services Manager as appropriate. Updates department bulletin boards as needed. Assists with coordination of team member events/relations including the ordering/purchase team member gifts and flowers; team member meetings, picnics, Holiday parties etc.
- Assists with Affirmative Action Plan compliance by training management on the hotel's goals and interview and selection methods as needed. Ensures all documents are recorded for government compliance Performs customer service functions by answering team member requests and questions.
- Assist with the Hotel's training and development program. Assist with scheduling, and training material packets.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Responsible for receiving, processing and investigating complaints made per the existing harassment policy.
- Assists with the performance review process by preparing materials, tracking, and sending out notifications.
- Effectively deals with team members and applicants, some of who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill team member needs.
- Resolves complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Improves job knowledge by keeping current with employment law, human resources policies, and training requirements. Attends training sessions as instructed.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents. Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree or certificate in Human Resources Management desired. One to two years experience in Human Resources related positions. Prior hotel experience preferred.
- General knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, workers' compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes: Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, ERISA, and NLRA. Working knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefits administration and payroll.
- Must have excellent employee relations skills to work with team members of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems and providing a high level of team member satisfaction.
- Able to use mathematics to solve complex problems.
- Requires ability to use computers to record, store and analyze information. Requires computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and various HRIS applications. ADP experience desired.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult team member challenges, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation. Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with team members. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Able to work independently wit
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.