A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Assists the Director of Human Resources in the daily administration of all human resources functions. Responsibilities include processing hotel's payroll, assisting team members with all employer provided benefits. Assists with other functions such as preparation of recruitment, human resources file maintenance, training, team member events, HRIS, recognition programs and other human resources related projects.
- Related duties include daily computer input, time punches, entering vacation and leave information, tracking accruals, and reconciliation.
- Processes and inputs all employment transactions such as hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and change of pay or status into HRIS.
- Assists with administration of the hotel's health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Assembles benefit packages and delivers with instructions to all new hires or at time of annual/open enrollment.
- Assists with all aspects of recruitment and selection process by utilizing internal and external sources/programs to attract and retain qualified candidates.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding activities; verifies 1-9 documentation and maintains current records. Supports department career fairs, training activities and other programs.
- Maintains the hotel's confidential employment and insurance files.
- Performs general office tasks such as filing, distributing mail, responding to email, photocopying, sending/receiving faxes.
- Serves as the point of contact for Team Member issues and advises Team Member Services Director as appropriate.
- Updates department bulletin boards as needed; assists with coordination of team member events/relations.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs an recommends corrective action.
- Assists with the performance review process by preparing materials, tracking, and sending out notifications.
- Improves job knowledge by keeping current with employment law, human resources policies, and training requirements. Attends training sessions as needed.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience, Bachelor's degree or certificate in Human Resources Management desired.
- One to two years experience in Human Resources related positions; prior hotel experience preferred.
- General knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, worker's compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
- Working knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefits administration and payroll.
- Must have excellent employee relations skills to work with team members and provide a high level of team member satisfaction.
- Requires computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and various HRIS applications. ADP experience is desired.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with team members. Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly sits for sustained periods of time. Frequently stands or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the jov the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member occasionally stoops and crouches. The team member regularly talks when communicating with guests/callers. The team member regularly needs to hear voices while interacting with guests/callers. Exerts up to 25 pounds of force occasionally when moving supplies or materials. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures and view a computer terminal. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities.
The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions. The noise level is moderate. The team member is subject o hazards which includes proximity to electrical current found in office related equipment. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors, or dusts.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.