At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The Human Resources Administrator will assist HR department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees; including but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, benefits and record keeping.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one-year administrative support experience in a human resources department preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual - English/Spanish required
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Experience in a hotel or related industry preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide effective customer service
Teamwork: An ability to communicate, coordinate with other staff and provide reports of relevant incidents
Interpersonal: An ability to interact well with all levels of staff, and outside collaterals
Communication: Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
Administrative: Excellent organizational, coordination and time management skills; ability to work independently; determine and manage deadlines
- Provide Administrative support to human resources functions (e.g. Correspondence generation, verification letters, offer letters, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, status change letters)
- Assist with applicant pre-screening and interviews
- Assists employees with benefits questions and employee relations
- Coordinate new hire employee orientation
- Greet visitors, vendors, and employees and triage employee related calls
- Coordinate conferences and meeting schedules
- Responsible for new hires and terminated employee file management and record keeping according to federal and state laws
- Assistance with pre-employment testing, background screening, drug testing
- Coordinate employee relations activities including employee appreciation programs
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
- Job duties generally require the physical activities descried below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. While performing the duties of this position, the administrative assistant is required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Practice the principles of Be the Difference culture.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Benchmark a Global Hospitality Company.
Verizon Basking Ridge offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all our associates.
- Some portions (less than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.