Payroll and Recruiting Specialist
Casa Monica Resort & Spa
Location: US - FL - St. Augustine
Objective / Purpose / Summary:
This position is primarily responsible for providing HR assistance to the HR Director and administering policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks:
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Recruits, interviews, tests, and screens employees to fill vacant positions. Maintains Taleo database by opening and closing positions once the HR Director has approved the position. May schedule interviews.
2. Assists HR Director in conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
3. Creates all new hire folders and maintains all HR, medical, personal workers compensation files.
4. Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance, 401(k).
5. Assists the HR Director in training, interviewing, hiring processes such as drug testing and background checks, and reference checks.
6. Maintains HR systems by entering Personnel Actions, Terminations, Promotions, Pay rate changes and monitoring performance review status.
7. Lead and maintain all E-verify reports and conduct I9 audits.
8. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs and refers inquiries requiring decisions to the HR Director.
9. May assist with accident investigations, and serves on the Safety Committee.
10. Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation in preparation for the HR Director to conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
11. Prepares and transmits payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Monitors missed-punches, and ensures accuracy of Time Saver, Payforce and ADP data.
12. Plan and execute employee events and other projects as needed.
13. Maintains employee files and keeping filing up to date.
14. Orders and maintains office supplies.
15. Assists with the coordination of Orientation materials.
16. Maintains employee bulletin boards.
17. Is responsible for sorting and distributing incoming mail.
18. Will perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Confirmable Formal Education, Certifications, Work/Industry Experience)
1. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience in similar size organizations is preferred
The Kessler Collection is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity employer. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit the website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf