At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Qualifications: Education, knowledge, training, and work experience
- College degree in a related field.
- Five years Human Resources Management experience required in a comparable hotel/resort, luxury preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters.
- Computer literacy/hands on experience.
- Ability to prioritize.
What you will be doing
- As a member of the Executive Committee, assists top management in the formulation of personnel policies.
- Direct employment activities, ensuring that qualified employees are recruited for the property. Ensure the selection and interviewing process is within guidelines. Coordinate all employment activities for management candidates.
- Direct promotion, transfer and separation of staff.
- Develop programs, policies, procedures and controls and other personnel statistics.
- Coordinate health and benefit programs.
- Develop the wage and salary program; ensuring wages are competitive to other hotels in the area.
- Monitor and evaluate employee orientation program.
- Develop and implement formalized training programs for all personnel.
- Conduct research into other hotels’ Human Resource programs and activities and recommend changes and/or innovations where desirable.
- Maintain and update necessary personnel records and employees.
- Conduct management training and advise management of labor law issues. Ensure management is compliance with all current state and federal labor laws.
- Oversee preparation of reports required by government agencies, Department of Labor and similar compliance agencies.
- Monitor Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
- Supervise employee communication program; including publication of employee newsletter and job postings.
- Responsible for employee incentive related events and awards, planning of social functions, end of season parties and holiday events.
- Establish “Open Door Policy” with employees to ensure the atmosphere is one of management involvement.
- Direct recruiting efforts by advertising in newspapers and other media, contracting local organizations, other community sources and academic and professional schools; establishing contact with key personnel throughout the industry; and utilizing other personal contracts.
- Aids Supervisors in evaluating existing personnel as a basis for rewarding, analyzing promotion possibilities, helping to correct errors in performance, and discovering talent and unused abilities.
- Administers the Company’s social benefit program, including but not limited to the Employee of the Month program, Leader of the Quarter program, the bulletin boards and recreational and other social programs.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations; by conducting exit interviews; and by interviewing employees periodically in order to ascertain possible trouble areas.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by General Manager, Ownership and Benchmark Hospitality.