As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Prominently embraced by the confluence of Pittsburgh's famed three rivers, Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh is the gateway to the City of Pittsburgh. Our iconic hotel delivers hospitality as dynamic and refreshing as our city's distinctive landscape, renowned arts community, growing global industries and proud cultural heritage. Come see what's inside. You'll find the warmth of home with a style all our own.
Title: Housekeeping Manager
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in
* an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Assist the Housekeeping Manager with training, coaching, and developing the housekeeping staff.
* Responsible for inventory, purchasing, and assisting with tracking financials.
* Must keep track of payroll and approve the hours of each staff member.
* Maintains departmental policies, standards and procedures.
* Identifies and reports maintenance related problems.
* Participate in daily operations including cleaning and inspecting of units to maintain standards.
* Perform all other duties as requested by Management
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Inspect Room Attendant's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
* In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
* Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
* Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
* Maintain key control.
* Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
* Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
* Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
* Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
* Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
* Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
* Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
* Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.