Looking for an amazing place to work and play in the Canadian Rockies? Come join our family! Emerald Lake Lodge in Field, British Columbia is looking for a Housing Manager. Subsidised staff accommodations, meal plan, career growth opportunities and lots of other perks such as staff events and activities, lodge and restaurant discounts and more.
Position: Housing Manager
Department: Housing/ Staff Accommodation
Report to: Lodge Manager/Assistant Lodge Manager
Hours: As required
Objective: To provide a safe, clean and secure environment for our staff to reside in daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the common areas and hallways are clean, safe and tidy at all times. (This includes washing floors, using bleach to ensure sanitation, cleaning counters, washing and scrubbing bathrooms, showers, toilets, floors, counter tops, sinks, soap dispensers, and any other commonly used area, mopping hallways, the common parts of the kitchens are expected to be clean and tidy at all times. This includes the tables, counters, stove, pop machine surface, walls, light fixtures, etc.
- Cleaning the laundry room - behind the machines, sink, floors, window sills,
- Handling all of the move outs and move ins on a regular basis
- Ensuring that move out rooms are inspected and everything is in order
- Discussing any charges with the Hotel Manager re: waivers signed for things missing.
- Inspecting move in rooms for new staff members and providing them with linen packages if required
- Hours of work will vary based on need. A sign should be mounted on the Mgr. Door and in the common area with respect to hours available and what to do in the event of an emergency in the house.
- Regular fire drills and training should take place
- Cleaning and vacuuming the common living room - rugs, dust furniture, wash walls, all the walls in the hallways should be washed at least monthly
- Scheduling any maintenance or painting as required
- Shoveling, sweeping, cleaning up, grass cutting, cleaning up cigarette butts, cans, garbage, etc. of the outside areas and keeping them looking tidy at all times.
- Regular recycling to maintain cleanliness and to ensure health restrictions are met
- Dealing with any staff issues, room moves, visitors, referrals to HR if necessary, cleanliness of rooms, policies and procedures.
- Perhaps a housing meeting at least quarterly
- Talking with the Hotel Manager should any trades or contractors be required for maintenance
- Regular maintenance and upkeep of rugs and floor finishes
- Handling any special projects that may take place at the staff housing
- Washing and cleaning windows (if too high - setting up window cleaning for the hard to reach areas)
- Handling any issues with Wi-Fi, internet, cable, malfunctioning equipment
- Cleaning storage closets and using them for day to day things.
- Providing staff with secure locations for personal property if required
- Maintaining staff move in and out paperwork, housing paperwork for payroll submission, providing Mgmt. with Housing schedules and updates with who is responsible when the Hsg Mgr is on days away - ensuring that housekeeping are working on the house to clean when the Mgr is away
- Following the Landlord/Tenant Act in B.C/AB. at all times and asking for clarification if required
- Maintaining housing records as required
- Using the housing cell phone provided, the house phone, the computer, and maintaining all equipment to keep in good working order
- Communicating with Maintenance and the Hotel Manager on a regular basis re: the use of the truck and various runs required (trying to be proactive and set up in advance.)
- Starting and maintain a housing manual as it relates to project work and other forms etc for consistent use
- Keeping a log of daily duties and timelines to complete work.
- Working a minimum 8 hour day however managing time as required
- Minimum 1 year previous Management Experience Required
- Some maintenance knowledge required
- Full Valid drivers' license and a clean driver's abstract (driving record) (Class 4)
- Customer Service skills required
- Must be detailed and organized
- The ability to work independently with min. supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Group home experience is an asset
- Hotel experience is an asset
- Physical demands, sitting, standing, bending, lifting (up to 30 lbs)
Please email your resume to email@example.com(ref. 20404)