Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Seeking a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated House Person to join our team. The House Person will work closely with the Housekeeping team. This position will clean and maintain all corridors and public areas in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Retrieve items from shelves and storerooms, set up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintain carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
* Clean and wipe windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times.
* Wash shower walls and tub, clean toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipe exposed pipes, clean mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
* Replace towels, soaps and all room amenities and restock literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
* Vacuum rooms, public areas and hallways, operate vacuums weighing up to 25 lbs., and lift/move heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard-to-reach areas.
* Inspect all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately report all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
* Secure and maintain custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
* Ability to walk and stand for hours at a time
* Ability to bend, push, pull and lift items up to 35 lbs.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
* Prefer Hotel Housekeeping experience.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* High school or equivalent education required.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER