Northwood Hospitality is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northwood Investors, a privately-held real estate investment advisor founded in 2006. We currently own and operate seven properties -- The Naples Grande Beach Resort in Naples, Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada, FL, Tranquility Bay Resort in Marathon, FL and The London West Hollywood - and we plan to grow. We seek team members who share our values:
- We enjoy the thrill of competition against other hospitality companies; we believe competition pushes us to do our best and allows us to measure our progress
- We enjoy helping people by creating memorable experiences that both leisure and business guests will go out of their way to come back for
- We believe in efficiency and sustainability in our operations, so we can grow a stable, secure business with minimal environmental impact
- We do everything with a sense of humor and an enjoyment of life
If this sounds like you, we look forward to the opportunity to meet you.
I. Job Summary
The Houseperson cleans and maintains all corridors, elevators and landings and service areas on guest room floors, ensuring hotel's standards of cleanliness. This position also provides linen supplies for Room Attendants, stocks floor closets, delivers and retrieves items requested by guests and Office Coordinator. Employee will deliver world-class level of service.
II. Job Responsibilities
* Attend team briefings.
* Greet all guests with a smile and hello.
* Anticipate the needs of guests.
* Ensure confidentiality of hotel guests.
* Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
* Ensure security of any assigned keys and beeper.
* Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with supervisor and housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift.
* Review assigned area and complete general removal of any trash or debris on floors.
* Check assigned floor closets and complete linen requisition to replenish linen supplies.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
* Remove all dirty linen from assigned room attendant's carts and closets and place in laundry bags.
* Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment.
* Wipe down all surfaces of ice machines, laundry machines/counters/shelves.
* Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells or guest elevators.
* Transport any room service trays/items in guest hallways to service elevator landings.
* Check under furniture for debris and remove if present.
* Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to supervisor.
* Dust and polish all woodwork.
* Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
* Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, air vents.
* Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition.
* Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
* Remove dust, grease and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly.
* Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
* Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris, polish planters.
* Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges and corners.
* Polish all brass surfaces to a high gloss.
* Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
* Remove trash; debris and cobwebs from balconies/patios.
* Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, etc.). Replace floor mats. Remove debris from elevator tracks.
* Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines.
* Provide timely delivery of any items requested by guests. Retrieve items from guest rooms and return to proper storage areas.
* Transport guest laundry and dry cleaning to correct guest rooms.
* Turn over any lost and found items to the supervisor.
* Ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED preferred
Skills and Experience (Essential)
* 18 years of age
* Valid US State Driver's license or an international driver's license.
* Housekeeping experience
* Communicate in English with guests, management, staff, and co-workers to their understanding
* Knowledge of effective organizational practices
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
* Housekeeping experience preferably at a four-star property
* Fluency in Spanish
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled