We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
The Houseperson is responsible for doing laundry and cleaning of the public areas of the hotel.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sorts all linen and separates and treats all stains.
• Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agents.
• Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them into dryers for measured time cycles.
• Sorts dried articles according to type.
• Folds and places item in appropriate locations.
• Soaks contaminated articles in neutralizer solution.
• Maintains the inventory of cleaning supplies and ensures the General Manager is aware of an inventory needs.
• Maintains all laundry equipment and informs appropriate personnel of maintenance needs.
• Cleans and organizes all public areas including, but not limited to, lobby, restaurant, hallway, poolroom, exercise room, elevators, and stairways.
• Cleans and organizes all storage areas including laundry room.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• A minimum of three to six months related or experience and/or training; equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.