The Commander Hotel
Location: US - MD - Ocean City
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
Purpose for the Position: To perform a combination of tasks which maintain the hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive experience.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Cleans and maintains all public areas, storage areas and administrative areas.
- Clean rooms on request.
- Run supplies and service items to guestrooms as requested.
- Dusts, vacuums and overall maintains all public areas, hallways, restaurants, bars, rest areas and other spaces assigned.
- Polishes metalwork and furniture.
- Collects soiled linens for laundering and received and stores linen supplies in appropriate locations.
- Vacuums floors.
- Cleans restrooms.
- Removes trash
- Office cleaning.
- Refurnishes areas with supplies as required.
- Removes and disposes of trash.
- Clean outside areas including porte cochier and other arrival areas.
- Attends monthly department meetings.
- Completes projects as determined by executive housekeeper.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Use hands to lift, carry or pull objects that may be heavy.
- Understand simple instructions.
- Read and execute banquet event orders.
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Learn simple procedures and techniques.
- Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
- Be available for work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, seeing, feeling.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Add and subtract.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read at least at a minimum level.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Comparing: Judging the readily observable functional, structural or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
People: Taking Instructions-Helping: Helping applies to "non-learning" helpers. No variety of implicit wishes of people is involved in this function.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Anything beyond short demonstration, up to and including 30 days.