JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Houseperson is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness. The Houseperson must ensure guest satisfaction through hotel cleanliness and attention to our guests needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for stocking room attendant carts with adequate supplies to complete assigned rooms and maintain an efficient cleaning cart.
- Maintain equipment such as vacuum and cleaning equipment. Empty vacuum cleaner bag as necessary.
- Notify supervisor when shortage of supplies is noticed.
- Remove trash and dirty linens from room attendant’s carts.
- Insure that hotel public areas are within the standards of JHM Hotels and the Brand.
- Clean furniture, elevators, glass, planters, etc. in public areas such as lobby, pool and public restrooms. Sweep and vacuum floors, hallways and stairwells.
- Report maintenance problems and complete work repair orders.
- Spot clean walls, carpets, light fixtures and room attendant carts at the end of the day.
- Turn in articles left in rooms to management for “Lost and Found” following hotel procedures.
- Responsible for replenishing supply storerooms in the hotel; Rotate linens in storerooms.
- Maintain shelf organization in the storerooms.
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Take corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas.
- Maintain security of keys and hotel as assigned.
- Deliver special request items such as cribs to guest rooms.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Perform job duties with a minimum of disruption of the guest.
- Work with machinery both indoor and outdoors including but not limited to: vacuum cleaners, electric and manual hand tools, and carpet-cleaning machines, floor buffers, etc.
High School Diploma Preferred.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.