Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team. The Housekeeping Supervisor will report to the Executive Housekeeper and will work closely with the hotel’s housekeeping and guest front office departments. This position is responsible for coaching, training and leading the housekeeping team members in the details of their work. The individual will be responsible for inspecting rooms, training staff, assisting with inventory, coordinating expected arrivals/departures with Front Desk, and verifying daily room cleanings. He or she needs to be able to observe performance, provides positive reinforcement and encourage improvement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The candidate must have a high level of energy and commitment to the hotel business
* Ensure that every effort is made to create a great experience for every guest
* Effectively lead, teach and continually train your team
* Effectively deal with internal and external customers with the highest level of professionalism
* Follow and enforce hotel policies and procedures
* Manage and resolve all guest complaints in a timely, professional and courteous manner
* Train and lead your team to achieve highest guests satisfaction
* Attend to daily operational requirements of the Housekeeping department including pre-shifts & team meetings
* Initiate and monitor shift checklists for proper completion of tasks
* Respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely manner
* Maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor of the staff
* Create courteous, friendly, professional and training focused work environment
* Inspect all rooms and public areas
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Both English & Spanish skills preferred.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* High school or equivalent education required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous housekeeping experience required
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays
* Positive attitude and ability to deal with wide variety of people
* Excellent time management skills
* Willing to clean rooms when required
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER