Housekeeping Supervisor - Sheraton Madison
Location: US - WI - Madison
The Housekeeping Supervisor is tasked with supervising of the day-to-day and long term operations of Housekeeping and related departments by assisting in the development and implementation of strategies and services which meet the needs of owners, associates and guests. This role helps to ensure the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the hotel's guest and non-guest areas.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Supervise the operation of the Housekeeping department and related areas.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire hotel to ensure adherence to cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance standards.
- Inspect guest rooms, public space and back-of-the-house areas continually.
- Coordinate room maintenance needs with the Engineering Department.
- Monitor department for compliance to safety standards.
- Create guest satisfaction by providing associates with the training and resources they need to maximize associate engagement, deliver quality results and promote teamwork.
- Help maintain accurate par levels and inventory of supplies and equipment within the department.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as outlined in the Waterton SOPs.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English). Bilingual (i.e. Spanish) is preferred.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have exceptional organizational and supervisory skills.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate associates to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- High school or equivalent education required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- One+ years of related housekeeping experience required. Supervisory role within a hotel Housekeeping Department highly desired. Experience in a similarly sized hotel with similar business model preferred.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO