Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Regular FT Position. (Flexible Schedule. AM/PM. Weekends. Holidays)
Position Summary: Supervises Housekeeping staff to ensure housekeeping quality standards are met and goals for the housekeeping department are achieved. Builds and supervises teams
1. Trains and coaches housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and housekeeping job tasks and in completion of daily schedules. Conducts new team member training.
2. Regularly tours assigned areas of the property to ensure housekeeping standards are met and checks productivity in completion of assignments.
3. Coordinates cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, working with front desk and maintenance personnel. Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
4. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
5. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints.
6. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations.
7. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Develops work schedules and coordinates staff work assignments in conjunction with Housekeeping management.
2. Provides input for team member selection and performance reviews.
3. Supplements team's efforts by assisting with department services (i.e. laundry and housekeeping) as needed.
4. Returns any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department and logs appropriate information such as the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
5. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. One to two years increasingly responsible housekeeping experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
2. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
3. Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives
4. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
5. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
6. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and
guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
7. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
8. Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes all required training as scheduled.
9. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Balboa Bay Resort is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify employer.