A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to standards and procedures in the guest rooms and general areas are in compliance with the Legendary Quality Experience (LQE) of Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona.
- Promote and recognize opportunities to provide guest service above and beyond all expectation.
- Monitor correct handling of all guest requests and guest room servicing needs.
. Ensure that cleanliness and service standards are maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with the Engineering by reporting all work orders as soon as possible.
- Monitor and maintain a safe environment for all employees.
- Provide daily updates to Housekeeping Management on progress and status of each area of responsibility.
- Complete all required forms (room status, discrepancy, late check outs, employee competencies) and reviews the accuracy.
- Maintain correct inventories of all OS&E items.
- Complete all special projects in a timely manner.
- Be an active team player with a hands-on approach.
- Ensure all equipment and cleaning supplies are used correctly and in accordance with safety and security standards to guarantee employee safety.
- Assist Housekeeping Management in all employee motivational and training programs.
- Train employees in maintaining clean, organized and properly stocked work areas and equipment.
- Ensures that grooming standards are followed at all times.
- Train and monitor room attendants daily to ensure that standards of service and cleanliness are understood and followed.
- Communicate accurate information actively and in a timely manner to all colleagues.
Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub-standard fixtures and equipment.
- Inspect assigned guestrooms. Ensure all general cleaning, preparation for VIP's, early arrivals and special cleaning requests are done.
- Ensure all items are in place in guestrooms.
- Monitor and maintain perfect cleanliness in all public areas.
- Monitor and maintain all back of the house areas.
- Complete any other projects as deemed appropriate by management.
Previous Housekeeping Supervisor experience
- Knowledge of computers and systems
- Successful problem solving skills
- Possess an excellent written and verbal command of Spanish and English
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Strong desire to provide excellent guest service
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexible schedules and hours, willingness to work on weekends and holidays is required.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time