Tempe Mission Palms Hotel & Conference Center
Housekeeping Supervisor F/T Varied
Tempe Mission Palms
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThis position will supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned Housekeeping staff ensuring that all procedures are completed to the established standards. This person will assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.Essential Functions
- Supervise staff in the performance of all daily procedures to ensure they are performed to standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities
- Inspect guest rooms, guest corridors, elevator foyer area, vending area, service area including linen closet, staff restroom and storage area
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, restaurants, spa, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by respective personnel, using designated checklists
- Assist staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards for guests
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and chemical handling, requirements and use of equipment
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal. Provide legible communication
- Compute mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers
- 1-year of hotel supervisory or related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus