At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Oversee the performance and cleaning standards of assigned housekeepers.
· Assist and supervise staff.
· Complete morning assignments for housekeepers and housemen.
· Prioritize and direct work of staff.
· Responsible for the training of employees.
· Update room statuses throughout the day on the hotel computer system.
· Responsible for the care and cleanliness of all areas of responsibility.
· Evaluate performance of staff.
· Report deficiencies and maintenance requirements.
· Maintain schedule of all weekly/monthly special projects.
· Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and co-workers at all times.
· The ability to work at least a 40 hour work week
· The ability to communicate, write and speak English.
· Perform other related duties as requested by Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager.
· Assist all other departments as needed to ensure the success of the overall operation of the property.
· Any other reasonable tasks as assigned.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· Must be knowledgeable and familiar with all aspects of custodial service.
· Neat, pleasant personality.
· Ability to train staff in methods and procedures of handling equipment and cleaning products.
· Must be bi-lingual.
· Good organizational skills and detail oriented.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Lifting up to 70lbs & Far Vision; Constant Standing, Bending Over, Crawling, Reaching, Crouching Kneeling, Balancing, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting up to 25lbs, Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Hand Eye Coordination, Near Vision & Hearing; Sitting, Fine Motor Skills, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition and Hearing; Occasional Sitting, Balancing & Color Recognition.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Outside, Inside, Alone, Closely with Others, Above Ground, With Detergents & Chemicals as well as Walking on Uneven Surfaces and Climbing on Ladders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.