JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Housekeeping operation
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy
- Supervises the day to day activities of housekeeping staff
- Maintains familiarity with cleaning equipment; fills out requisition orders as necessary
- Oversees and conducts inspections of Public Space for efficiency and cleanliness
- Insures public space meets and exceeds customer expectations for the appearance of the hotel
- Conducts department training on a regular basis
- Provides staff with the skills training to provide value added service to customers
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates as needed
- Insures that guest rooms are within the standards of JHM and franchise hotels
- Inspects all guest rooms each quarter; checks “In” house or “Stay-over Rooms” as necessary
- Writes maintenance orders as needed. Conducts inventories as assigned.
- Checks linen closets and carts for cleanliness and supplies
- Trains associates on proper cleaning techniques
- Uses 100 point inspection to ensure quality of rooms by inspecting rooms following cleaning by housekeepers
- Insures that all associates follow safety rules and procedures.
- Takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of standards of performance on a timely basis Maintains proper linen pars, chemicals, and amenity inventories
- Recommends purchases of products; remaining within budget
- Coordinates housekeeping work with other departments; Front Office, Engineering, Banquets, etc.
- Confers closely with the Executive Housekeeper at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.